Tuesday 11 April 2017

RetroChallenge 2017: X Rally Fixes

I have done some more tinkering to speed up the Basic part of the program (e.g. renumbering lines). The big change is now smoke only lingers for a few moves and then dissipates, which is more like the original. I think I am coming close to the definitive edition...
As well, I'm still finding the occasional bug regarding the walls, which I fix by changing the numbers in an numeric array representing the map. It uses the basic 4 number code for walls (and zero for open space):
           1
           v
    3  > ■  < 4
           ^
           2
So if you hit a wall marked as 3 you will turn left and so on. It took a bit of trial and error to work out the proper system for such deflection. Hopefully I've sniffed out the last of idiosyncratic places that would let the enemy car "pass through walls." But if there's anyone out there who notices any....

https://www.facebook.com/jimgerrie/posts/1261129703922549

No comments:

Post a Comment