Saturday 15 September 2018

RetroChallenge 2018/09: Atari Adventure Combat Working and Bat

Got combat with the dragons working, although there is an error that appears near the end of the following video because the Red Dragon conflicts with the characters for the Red Castle. That dragon is now blue (as in blue streak). It's the fastest!
The Bat also works (I think). It will steal your item if it touches you and then fly off. The item will be randomly redistributed somewhere in the maze, but not inside any castles. so you can get it again.  The bat will also then relocate. Fixed up the win routine a little as well.
I think all I have left is cleaning and speeding up.  Possibly some refinement to the speed and behaviour of the dragons and the sound. Maybe some simple instructions if I can cram them in (I'm down to only 1000 bytes or less). Any suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment